Banns of Marriage 

wedding church flowersMost Church of England marriages will require banns to be published before the wedding can take place. You won’t need to arrange banns until about four months before your wedding date.

After your forthcoming marriage is announced, the congregation may be invited to pray for you both. It can be quite special and moving to hear this, so do come along if you can.

Banns need to be read in the parish where each of you lives as well as the church in which you are to be married, if that is somewhere else.
You must have your banns read out in church for three Sundays during the three months before the wedding. This is usually done over three consecutive Sundays. If you need to have your Banns read at St Matthew's call the office or send us an email to make an appointment.

You will need to fill in a Banns of Marriage Application Form and pay a fee to the church for issuing your Certificate. The fee for 2017 is £41.

Click here to find out in which Parish Church your Banns need to be read.